Our client a luxury lodge & hotel group based in Bryanston, Johannesburg require an experienced General Manager with at least 5 years’ experience managing a Hotel of 4-5 star with 57 rooms in Cape Town.
SUBMIT YOUR CV TO RECRUTIMENT@PHEZULUSOLUTIONS.COM
(Only short listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not contacted within 21 days, please consider your application nor successful).
- Responsible and accountable for complete Guest satisfaction of all guests visiting the Hotel
- Responsible and accountable of operational quality and standards of all operational departments of the Hotel.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment
- Hold all daily briefings and monthly staff meetings
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures
- Involved with finance team in compiling Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property
- Developing service improvement actions, carry out costs savings
- Strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield through innovative sales practices and yield management
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders
- Assisting and approving in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring of key staff
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements
- Chairman and facilitator of EE actions
- Well-rounded knowledge of Industrial relations in order to chair and initiate hearings
- Planning and overseeing of preventative maintenance
- Managing and Maintaining Hotel Covid Protocols.
- Microsoft Office, especially with Good Excel Skills
- Micros Materials Control
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND REUIREMENTS:
- 5 years’ experience managing a Hotel with similar size and market segments
- Relevant qualification will be to your beneficial.
- Must have a good command of the English language with good writing skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Valid RSA ID
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Presentable Appearance
- The package includes a Provident fund and Medical Aid of which the company contributes towards.
To apply for this job please visit phezulusolutions.co.za.