Our client is based in Johannesburg and requires a Financial Accountant
SUBMIT YOUR CV TO RECRUTIMENT@PHEZULUSOLUTIONS.COM
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not contacted within 21 days, please consider your application not successful).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial controls
over all aspects of the unit’s business.
- Together with Finance Managers, Operations Managers and
General Managers, assist in compilation of budgets,
development of programmes, schedules and objectives which
will enable the efficient and most profitable running of the
- Understand and interpret the financial accounts on a monthly
basis of each property and to report back to the Group Chief
Executive Officer on any anomalies.
- Be responsible for the year-end audit of the properties.
- Prepare monthly financial packs and present this to the Finance
- Prepare the weekly financial reports and present this to the
- Compile variance report on all overspends on budgets.
- Compile monthly financial report and highlight variances,
discrepancies and/or changes in policy or strategy.
- Ensure that all financial manuals and checklists are adhered to.
- Write additional policies and procedures, as required, for the
approval of the Chief Executive Officer prior to implementation.
- Ensure all unit admin staff know what results are expected of
- Improve the skills level of all accounting staff.
- Promote job satisfaction.
- Oversee training and development within the unit’s accounting
- Personnel Function:
– Maintenance of Personnel Files, Contracts, Leave
– Schedules, Medical Aid, Provident Fund, etc.
– Procedures Updates
– Compliance to any relevant statutory requirements
-Conduct audits of all documentation in employee files
- As the Financial Accountant, your previous experience includes,
but is not limited to supervising a finance team, where as a self-driven individual you require very little financial supervision.
You should be commercially astute with strong leadership
- Applicants must have at least 2-4 years’ experience in a related
field with a solid track record working as a Financial Accountant/
Manager within the Hospitality Industry.
- Matric is a minimum requirement, but a further qualification is
- Valid RSA ID
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Good to Advanced
- Proficient in ACCPAC
- Proficient in VIP Payroll
- Good working knowledge / understanding of Hospitality PMS
system –OPERA & Materials Control would be a plus
+-R15000 monthly salary
The package is COST to COMPANY & includes a mandatory 5%
deduction toward the company’s provident fund. Medical Aid is
available as part of the CTC package.
To apply for this job please visit phezulusolutions.co.za.